Sweet Potato Frittata
Recipe courtesy of the North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission.
1 medium sweet potato
1 sweet, mild onion
1 green bell pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3/4 cup sliced, julienne cut country ham
1 tablespoon butter
6 large eggs
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Peel sweet potato; cut into 1/4-inch cubes. Blanch sweet potato cubes in boiling, salted water until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Chop onion and green pepper.
- Heat oil in omelet pan; sauté onion and bell pepper tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked sweet potatoes and ham. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add butter to omelet pan.
- Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs into omelet pan and stir with a fork. Cover pan and cook about 3 minutes to set eggs.
- Uncover and place pan under hot broiler until top of frittata is firm, about 1 minute.
- Loosen with a rubber spatula and slide onto serving plate. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission.