Toffee Bar Coffeecake
Enjoy a cup of robust coffee with a slice of this scrumptious coffeecake featuring a streusel topping laced with crushed toffee candy.
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 cup butter or margarine
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 ounces toffee candy, crushed
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, sifted flour, and butter to form a crumbly mixture. Reserve 1 cup for the topping.
- In another bowl, combine beaten egg, buttermilk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Add to the crumbly mixture, mixing with an electric mixer.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9x2-inch cake pan. Top with the reserved topping, crushed toffee candy, and chopped pecans.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until tested done when a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.