Turkey-Vegetable Hash Brown Quiche
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
Hash Brown Crust:
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes (12 ounces), defrosted
2 cups frozen vegetable blend* (12 ounces), defrosted
1/2 cup diced cooked turkey or chicken
5 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Hash Brown Crust: Beat egg and salt in medium bowl until blended. Add potatoes; mix well. Press evenly against bottom and sides of a greased, deep (9-inch) pie plate. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven 5 minutes.
- For Filling: Place vegetables in crust; top with turkey. Beat 5 large eggs, milk and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium bowl until blended. Pour slowly over turkey. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in center of 375°F (190°C) oven until center is puffed and knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Makes 6 servings.
*Try broccoli, onion, mushrooms and peppers or another blend of your choice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 198; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 223mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 14g; Sodium: 412mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.