Vegetable Frittata Omelet
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council.
6 ounces cholesterol free eggs (3/4 cup; 3 large eggs)
1/2 ounce onions, diced 1/4-inch
1/2 ounce green peppers, diced 1/4-inch
1/2 ounce red peppers, diced 1/4-inch
1 1/2 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/2 ounce plum tomato, diced 1/4-inch
1/2 teaspoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In an 8-inch sauté pan, spray pan with non-stick cooking spray, heat to medium.
- Add onions, peppers, and mushrooms and sauté 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and parsley, sauté 1 more minute.
- In a separate 8-inch sauté pan, spray pan with non-stick cooking spray, heat to medium, add egg. Heat slowly, lifting edge of omelet with a high-temperature rubber spatula. Tilt pan to allow liquid egg to contact pan.
- When eggs are cooked halfway, evenly distribute cooked vegetable mixture over top of eggs.
- Finish cooking until eggs are set, approximately 1 to 2 more minutes Serve immediately.
Makes 1 serving.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Mushroom Council.