Wisconsin Breakfast Burrito
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
12 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
8 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups Wisconsin Jalapeño Cold Pack cheese, softened
2 cups shredded lettuce
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 cup (4-ounce) shredded Wisconsin colby cheese
1 cup prepared tomato salsa
Sour cream for accompaniment (optional)
Guacamole for accompaniment (optional)
- Beat eggs and milk. In a large skillet, heat butter until bubbly. Add egg mixture; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until eggs are set.
- Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 8 individual baking dishes.
- Heat tortillas until warm and flexible as directed on package.
- Spread each tortilla with 3 tablespoons of Wisconsin Jalapeño Cold Pack cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine lettuce, olives and onions; toss lightly.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of lettuce mixture over each tortilla. Spoon 1/3 cup scrambled eggs down the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom and top third of tortilla over filling. Fold in sides toward center to cover filling. Place seam side down in greased baking dish or individual baking dishes. Spoon 2 tablespoons salsa over each tortilla and sprinkle with colby cheese.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 8 to 10 minutes for 13x9x2-inch baking dish, or 5 to 6 minutes for individual baking dishes.
- Serve immediately with sour cream and guacamole.
Makes 8 servings.
Note: 1 1/2 cups Wisconsin cheddar Cold Pack cheese and 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño peppers can be substituted for the Jalapeño Cold Pack cheese.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.