A frittata, perhaps best described as an Italian open-faced omelet, can also be cut into smaller portions and served as an hors d'oeuvre.
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
6 Large Chino Valley fresh eggs
1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- In a non-stick skillet, place garlic and zucchini and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Mix eggs, cheese and parsley. Add to skillet and cook until bottom is set.
- Cover to cook top or place under a broiler.
Makes 4 servings.
- To Blend Eggs Easily: Poke the yolks with a knife or fork first to break the protective membrane, then mix.
- To Peel a Garlic Clove Easily: Cut off the ends and then bang the clove against a cutting board with the flat of a knife. The garlic will jump out of its skin.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories 179, Protein 14 g., Carbohydrates 4 g., Fat 12 g., Cholesterol 334 mg., Sodium 206 mg., Iron 1.6 mg.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chino Valley Ranchers.