Almond Oh Joy! Cake
What joy! This yummy chocolate cake will bring to mind the famous almond coconut candy bar.
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk - divided use
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 cups minature marshmallows
2 cups flaked coconut
1/2 cup butter
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Prepare and bake the cake mix as directed on the package; set aside.
- In a saucepan combine 1/2 of the evaporated milk, and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar. Bring mixture to a rapid boil. Quickly remove from the heat and add the marshmallows. Stir until melted. Stir in the coconut. Pour mixture over the top of the baked cake; set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the remaining sugar and the remaining evaporated milk. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the butter and the chocolate chips. Stir until melted. Mix in the toasted almonds. Pour this mixture over the coconut topped cake.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes 12 servings.