The apricot-almond mixture contributes not only a second flavor, but lovely marbling to this tender cake.
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup almond paste, crumbled
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
3 large eggs
1/2 cup apricot nectar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine preserves and almond paste in food processor bowl fitted with metal blade or blender. Cover; process until smooth (30 to 60 seconds). Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine sugar and butter in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add sour cream and eggs; continue beating until smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with apricot nectar until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spread half of batter into well-greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt® pan. Spoon filling over batter in pan; spread remaining batter on top of filling. Swirl filling into batter using a spatula or knife.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and enough apricot nectar for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 310, Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 60 mg, Sodium: 180 mg, Carbohydrates: 52 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 4 g.