Blackberry Jam Bundt® Cake
A rich and dense blackberry jam Bundt® cake, drizzled with a vanilla icing.
1/4 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup blackberry jam
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon butter softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt® pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa, cinnamon, and allspice in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in buttermilk, stirring well; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/4 cup butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, beating mixture well.
- Mix flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in the blackberry jam.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt® pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake tests done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan, and cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon butter and vanilla. Beat until mixture is smooth. Spoon over cooled cake.
Makes 12 servings.