Blackberry Wine Cake
A 'cake-mix-easy' cake, made with strawberry gelatin mix and white wine, topped with sweetened fresh blackberries.
1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
1 (7.5-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup blackberries
2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to temperature suggested on cake mix package.
- Combine cake mix, strawberry gelatin, white wine, vegetable oil, and egg whites in a large mixer bowl. Blend about 2 minutes with an electric mixer, or until thoroughly blended.
- Coat a 13x9x2-inch cake pan with vegetable cooking spray and sprinkle the bottom with finely chopped pecans. Spoon the batter over the pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool. Remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, combine blackberries and sugar. Arrange on top of the cake.
Makes 12 servings.