Blueberry Graham Cake
Nutty graham cracker crumbs contribute both flavor and texture to this richly dense cake, bursting with antioxidant-rich blueberries.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries (if frozen, thaw and drain)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Sweetened whipped cream or topping for garnish
Additional blueberries, lightly sweetened for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F (175°C). Grease and flour an 8-inch springform baking pan; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in milk.
- Combine blueberries, graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add all at once to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until top is richly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Garnish cake slices with dollops of sweetened whipped cream and sweetened blueberries.
Makes 8 servings.