Impress your family and friends with this
moist, rich-flavored pound cake. Delicious served alone with
a dusting of powdered sugar...even better accompanied with lightly
sweetened fresh berries or sliced fruit such as peaches or nectarines,
topped with whipped cream.
Brown Sugar Pound
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour - divided use
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract*
3 large eggs
1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease 9-inch (10-cup) tube pan and flour with 3 tablespoons
- Sift remaining 2 1/2 cups flour, baking
powder and salt into medium bowl.
- Beat butter in large mixer bowl until
creamy. Add brown sugar gradually and continue beating until
light and loose, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately
with 1 cup evaporated milk. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife
inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Invert
- Dust with powdered sugar prior to serving,
if desired. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.
*Or during the holidays try using 1 to
2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract.
Note: A 10-cup Bundt pan can also be used.
Follow recipe above and bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.