Butterscotch Pound Cake
Coffee-kissed, butter-rich pound cake flecked with sweet butterscotch chips.
1 cup butterscotch flavored chips
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine butterscotch chips, water and coffee powder in the top of a double boiler. Place over barely simmering water and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in butterscotch-coffee mixture.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, ending with flour.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 1 loaf cake; 9 servings.