Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake
Butterscotch morsels, cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin combined together to form a dense, moist cake perfect for fall and wintertime entertaining.
1 (11-ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels - divided use
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 12-cup Bundt® pan.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in medium bowl. Stir together melted morsels, pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in flour mixture. Spoon batter into prepared Bundt® pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with Butterscotch Sauce.
- For Butterscotch Sauce: Heat 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat just to a boil; remove from heat. Add remaining morsels; stir until smooth. Return to heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture just to a boil. Cool to room temperature. Stir before serving.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.