Butterscotch Rum Pound Cake
This velvety cake is flavored with sour cream, dark rum and butterscotch morsels. A drizzle of butterscotch glaze is the crowning touch.
1 (11-ounce) package or 1 2/3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels - divided use
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup dark rum
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
Glaze (recipe included in directions)
Chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 10-inch Bundt® pan.
- Microwave 1 1/3 cups morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk, rum, butter and melted morsels in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup nuts. Pour into prepared Bundt® pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely; transfer to serving platter. Pour Glaze over cake; sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- For Glaze: Microwave remaining morsels and 1 to 2 tablespoons milk in small, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.