Caramel-Apple Bundt® Cake
A moist and delicious cake with the favorite autumnal flavors of tart green apples, pecans and caramel.
3 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups peeled and chopped tart green apples
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
Pinch of salt
- For Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour Bundt® pan, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar; blend in oil and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour into prepared Bundt® pan and bake for one hour or until cake tests done.
- For Caramel Sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients together; boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- When cake is done, let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove cake to platter; slowly drizzle caramel sauce over warm cake.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wheat Foods Council.