Carrot Ice Cream Cake with Mascarpone Icing
Serve this stunning frozen dessert at your next party. Layers of carrot cake and vanilla ice cream topped off with a luscious mascarpone icing.
1 (18.25-ounce) package carrot or banana cake mix
1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bake cake mix according to package directions using a 9-inch Bundt® pan. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on rack. Unmold and cool completely.
- When cake is cool, cut in half horizontally with a serrated knife. Set bottom layer of cake on a serving platter. Spread cut-side of cake with ice cream; cover with top layer of cake, cut-side down. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until ice cream is firm (about 2 hours).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Remove cake from freezer; drizzle with mascarpone icing. Return to freezer until icing is frozen (about 1 hour); wrap lightly in plastic wrap.
- To serve, remove cake from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into 10 equal wedges. Garnish as desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Milk Advisory Board.