Cherry Marshmallow Cake
No frosting needed, the marshmallows rise to the top of the cake during baking to form a ready-made glaze.
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; line marshmallows evenly in the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions with the 1 teaspoon almond extract. Pour batter over marshmallows.
- Spoon cherry filling evenly over cake batter.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. The marshmallows rise to the top of the cake forming a glazed topping. Cool completely before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: For easy cake variations, substitute the cherry pie filling with another flavor such as apple, blueberry or peach.