Chocolate Blueberry Bundt® Cake
A 'cake-mix-easy' spiced chocolate Bundt® cake, laced with blueberries and served with whipped cream and more blueberries.
1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries - divided use (thaw slightly if using frozen)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon and ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt® cake pan; set aside.
- Empty cake mix into large mixing bowl, reserving 1/3 cup of the dry cake mix. Stir in nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Prepare cake according to package directions.
- Toss 1 1/2 cups blueberries with the reserved dry cake mix. Gently fold the blueberries into the cake batter. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes or until cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then loosen from pan and turn out on serving plate. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Whip heavy cream with sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- When ready to serve, decorate cooled cake with whipped cream and remaining 1/2 cup blueberries. Store cake in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.