Chocolate Pound Bundt® Cake
A rich and light-textured chocolate pound cake.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 cups granulated sugar
5 large eggs, separated, whites beaten until stiff
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and shortening until fluffy. Gradually add sugar while beating. Add egg yolks one at a time and beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold beaten egg whites into cake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Sprinkle nuts on top. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
Makes 12 servings.