Chocolate Mayan Bundt® Cake
A unique twist on a favorite. This Bundt® cake is infused with chocolate and cayenne flavors and topped with an elegant chocolate glaze.
6 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into small pieces
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups powdered sugar - divided use
2 oz. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate Baking Bar, broken into small pieces
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 12-cup Bundt® pan.
- For Cake: Microwave chocolate in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Beat flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into prepared Bundt® pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely. Transfer cake to serving platter. Drizzle cake with Chocolate Glaze. Let set before serving.
- For Chocolate Glaze: Microwave chocolate in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in medium bowl. Form a well; pour in butter, whipping cream, salt and melted chocolate. Stir until blended. If necessary, add remaining powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until pouring or drizzling consistency is reached. Spoon Chocolate Glaze over top of cake. Let stand until glaze is firm.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.