Chocolate Zucchini Bundt® Cake
Shh! They'll never know this yummy chocolate cake has veggies in it...unless you tell them.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup applesauce
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 small, or 10 ounces)
Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease bottom and sides of 9 to 12-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in applesauce, eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add dry ingredients; beat until blended. Gently stir in zucchini. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (175°C) oven until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pans with thin knife. Gently shake cake from pan onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- Dust cooled cake with powdered sugar.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 265; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated fat: 6g; Polyunsaturated fat: 1g; Monounsaturated fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 82mg; Sodium: 459mg; Carbohydrates: 40g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Protein: 5g; Vitamin A: 366.8IU; Vitamin D: 19.4IU; Folate: 56.3mcg; Calcium: 93.9mg; Iron: 1.9mg; Choline: 48.1mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).