Chocolate Zucchini Cake
A moist and delicious, honey-sweetened chocolate zucchini spice cake.
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch pan; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter, oil and honey. Add eggs, vanilla and buttermilk; mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to honey mixture; mix just until combined. Stir in zucchini and nuts, if desired. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.