Cocoa Cream Cake with Raspberry Balsamic Sauce
This elegant cake has a delicious cocoa-cream center and flavorful sauce. It's rich, indulgent taste makes it a great way to celebrate any special occasion.
4 large eggs, separated
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar - divided use
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup Milk Chocolate NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Hot Cocoa Mix
8 ounces frozen raspberries
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C)*. Butter and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in large mixer bowl. Beat until foamy. While beating, slowly add 1/4 cup sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Sprinkle flour over egg white mixture.
- Place egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar in small mixer bowl. Beat until thick and lemon-yellow in color. Beat in vanilla extract and salt, then gently fold mixture into egg white mixture just until blended. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately loosen the cake from the pan and turn onto a clean towel. Carefully roll up cake and towel together, starting with long side. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form; stir in cocoa mix. Place raspberries, vinegar and 2 tablespoons sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Carefully unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread cocoa cream mixture over cake; reroll cake. Place on serving dish. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with warmed raspberry-balsamic sauce.
Makes 10 servings.
*Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) if using a glass baking dish.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.