Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Whether youre baking for a group
of kids or an upscale party, cupcakes are a universal favorite.
These cupcakes have a surprise cookie base that will have everyone
asking for more. You can try different types of cookies and cake
flavors, but we recommend chocolate!
- 12 regular-size chocolate cream-filled
sandwich cookies (such as Oreos)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa - divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup hot water or coffee
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container vanilla or white
- 12 snack-size chocolate cream-filled sandwich
cookies (such as Oreos)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners. Place one regular
size sandwich cookie in each cup.
- Mix flour, sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa powder,
baking soda and salt together in large mixer bowl.
- Whisk together water, butter and oil in
small bowl; stir into flour mixture until incorporated. Whisk
in buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
Spoon batter evenly into cookie-filled cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden
pick inserted in cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire
rack for 15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine frosting with remaining 2 tablespoons
cocoa powder; stir until smooth. Pipe or spread frosting onto
cupcakes. Garnish each cupcake with snack-size sandwich cookie.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
Nutritional Information Not Provided.
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.