Cranberry-Peach Crumb Cake
The flavors of both summer and autumn come together in this 'cake-mix-easy' crumb cake with a cranberry peach filling.
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 (21-ounce) can peach pie filling
1 (16-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
- Combine dry cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg in bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in nuts; set aside.
- Combine peach pie filling and cranberries and spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle crumb mixture over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.