Cranberry Pound Cake
Fill your home with traditional fall and winter holiday aromas when you bake this orange-scented cranberry nut pound cake.
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups cranberries
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup margarine or butter
5 large eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter and flour a Bundt® cake pan.
- Coarsely chop cranberries.
- Beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, and then beat in sour cream, orange juice, vanilla, and orange peel.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients to egg mixture and stop when all has been added. Mix by hand until just combined. Fold in pecans and cranberries.
- Pour batter into Bundt® pan, tapping pans on counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake about 45 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then turn out onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Dust cake lightly with powdered sugar.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Iowa Egg Council.