Crumb-topped Blueberry Oatmeal Cake
A comforting, crumb-topped oatmeal cake, loaded with blueberries that goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt, or a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
10 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut up
2 cups boiling water
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- For Crumb Topping: Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and nuts until crumbly; set aside.
- For Cake: Combine oats, butter and boiling water in a bowl. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Gently toss blueberries with the 1 tablespoon flour; set aside.
- Mix together sugars, salt, baking soda, flour and cinnamon. Stir oat mixture into flour mixture. Add beaten eggs and stir well. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pan. Top with Crumb Topping and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake tests done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.