Debbie's Chocolate Cake
"I was served the original recipe at a friends home and loved it. It's moist even without the frosting. The added variations are my own." Recipe submitted by Lyn Jones from Buffalo, NY.
1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (4-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
3/4 cup sour cream
3 large eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a Bundt® pan.
- Mix first seven ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, when completely cooled.
Makes 12 servings.
- Use yellow cake mix, instant vanilla pudding and 2 teaspoons of almond extract.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of instant espresso in water and use chocolate raspberry chips.