Double Glazed Rum Raisin Chocolate Cake
A chocolate cake mix is given a festive flavor makeover with the addition of sour cream, rum and California raisins, baked in a Bundt® pan and twice glazed with vanilla and chocolate.
1 (18.25-ounce) package Devil's food or chocolate cake mix
3 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup rum or water
1 cup California raisins
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
4 teaspoons vegetable oil - divided use
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously grease and flour 12-cup Bundt® pan.
- For Cake: In large mixer bowl, combine all cake ingredients except raisins. Mix at low speed until moistened. Mix at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in raisins. Pour into pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan onto wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
- For Glaze: In small saucepan, melt white vanilla chips over very low hear; stir in 1 tablespoon oil. Drizzle over cooled cake. In another small saucepan, melt semisweet chocolate chips over very low heat; stir in 1 teaspoon oil. Drizzle over vanilla glaze. Let stand until chocolate is set, about 1 hour.
- Decorate with dark and white chocolate curls, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories 400 (38% from fat); Total Fat 17g (sat 8g, mono 2g, poly 0g, trans 0g ); Cholesterol 80mg; Protein 8g; Carbohydrate 51g; (Dietary Fiber <1g; Sugars 22g; ); Iron 1mg; Sodium 460mg; Calcium 160mg; Potassium 224mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.