Dreamy Caramel Pecan Cake
An easy dream of a caramel cake, loaded with pecans and a layer of creamy butterscotch topping in the center.
1 (18.25-ounce) package caramel cake mix
1 (3.5-ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding
4 large eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (17-ounce) jar butterscotch-caramel topping
1 cup pecans, chopped - divided use
- Preheat over to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, and oil. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour half of the cake batter into a greased and floured Bundt® pan.
- Next, pour half of the butterscotch-caramel topping over the batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Spread remaining cake batter on top and then finish by spreading remaining topping and sprinkling with another 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool slightly and then turn out onto a cake platter.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Iowa Egg Council.