No mixing required! The ingredients for this super-easy cake are simply 'dumped' into a pan and baked.
1 (16-ounce) can crushed pineapple
1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, chilled
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Dump pineapple (including juice) into prepared pan; spread evenly.
- Next, dump in cherry pie filling and spread evenly.
- Dump yellow cake mix on top and spread evenly.
- Cut chilled butter into thin slices and place on top.
- Sprinkle evenly with nuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until done.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: Butter can also be melted and drizzled evenly over top, if preferred.