Easy Harvey Wallbanger Cake
A spirited, glazed orange cake with a taste reminiscent of the classic cocktail.
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 (3.5-ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
4 tablespoons vodka
1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons orange juice
1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour one 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- Combine cake and pudding mix in a large bowl. Add the eggs, vegetable oil, 1/2 cup orange liqueur, 2 tablespoons vodka, and 1/2 cup orange juice. Beat with electric mixer for 4 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove and place on cooling rack.
- Spoon glaze over cake while it is still warm.
- Glaze: Combine remaining 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, 2 tablespoons vodka, and 2 tablespoons orange juice with the powdered sugar and blend until smooth. Spoon glaze evenly over warm cake.
Makes 12 servings.