Easy Pound Cake Torte
You don't always have to put a lot of effort into a dessert that tastes as good as it looks, as this easy torte proves.
1 (12-ounce) package miniature milk chocolate chips - divided use
1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream - divided use
2 teaspoons butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (10.3/4 ounce) frozen loaf pound cake, partially thawed
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the miniature chocolate chips.
- Combine remaining chocolate chips and 1/3 cup whipping cream in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla until smooth; transfer to medium bowl. Refrigerate until firm enough to spread, about 1 hour.
- Slice cake horizontally to make 3 layers. Arrange bottom layer on serving plate. Evenly spread 1/3 cup chocolate mixture over layer; top with second layer and spread with 1/3 cup mixture. Place remaining layer on top.
- Beat remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream until thickened; fold in remaining chocolate mixture. Refrigerate a few minutes if neeeded. Frost top, sides and ends of torte. Garnish top with remaining 2 tablespoons miniature chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate torte several hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings.