French Vanilla Cake
This easy, no-bake layered dessert features a buttery crust made with crumbled ladyfingers, a vanilla ice cream-pudding filling and a strawberry-infused whipped topping.
1 pound ladyfinger cookies, crumbled
1/4 pound butter or margarine, melted
1 (6-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix (plus the milk needed to prepare as directed)
1 quart vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
1 (8-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
1/4 pound strawberries, crushed
- Mix crushed ladyfinger cookies and melted butter; press into a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Mix vanilla pudding mix according to the package directions.
- Add vanilla ice cream to prepared pudding, mixing until smooth. Pour over the cookie mixture
- Combine the non-dairy whipped topping with the crushed strawberries and spread over the top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 12 servings.