Glazed Buttermilk Bundt® Cake
Incredibly moist, glazed buttermilk coconut Bundt® cake, infused throughout with a coconut-flavored sugar syrup.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons coconut flavoring
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt® or tube pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Add the sugar, oil, and 2 teaspoons coconut flavoring, beating until well combined. Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Gently stir in the coconut and the pecans or walnuts, blending well.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until tested done when a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make Glaze: Bring sugar, butter and water to a rolling boil over medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat source and stir in 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring.
- Pour the hot syrup over the top of the warm cake while it is still in the baking pan. Allow cake to stand until the syrup has been absorbed before removing from pan.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Tip: To help insure the glaze coats the cakes entire surface, gently loosen it from the pan using a narrow spatula, which should allow the syrup to flow to the bottom of the pan.