Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
One of the easiest and tastiest fruitcakes
ever...and it's no bake!
Graham No-Bake Fruitcake
- 1 (16-ounce) package graham crackers,
finely crushed (about 5 cups crumbs)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup golden raisins, dried cherries or dried cranberries
1 cup finely chopped dates
1 1/2 cups mixed candied fruit
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Line 8 x 5-inch loaf pan with foil, with
ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside.
- For Fruitcake: In a large bowl, combine
graham crumbs, spices, raisins, dates, candied fruit and pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice,
corn syrup and rum extract, if desired, mixing well. Add to crumb
mixture and stir just until crumbs are moistened.
- Press graham mixture firmly into prepared
pan; cover tightly. Refrigerate at least 2 days to allow flavors
to marry and ripen.
- For Glaze: In a small bowl, combine powdered
sugar an milk, mixing well.
- Remove cake from pan and drizzle with
glaze. Let stand until firm.
- Store, tighty wrapped, in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.