Graham No-Bake Fruitcake
One of the easiest and tastiest fruitcakes ever—and it's a no-bake cake, too!
1 (16-ounce) package graham crackers, finely crushed (about 5 cups crumbs)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup golden raisins, dried cherries or dried cranberries
1 cup finely chopped dates
1 1/2 cups mixed candied fruit
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
- Line 8 x 5-inch loaf pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside.
- For Fruitcake: In a large bowl, combine graham crumbs, spices, raisins, dates, candied fruit and pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, corn syrup and rum extract, if desired, mixing well. Add to crumb mixture and stir just until crumbs are moistened.
- Press graham mixture firmly into prepared pan; cover tightly. Refrigerate at least 2 days to allow flavors to marry and ripen.
- For Glaze: In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar an milk, mixing well.
- Remove cake from pan and drizzle with glaze. Let stand until firm.
- Store, tighty wrapped, in refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings.