Grilled Pound Cake with
Seasonal Berries and Apple-Ginger Syrup
Drizzled in a simple apple-ginger syrup, juicy strawberries and blueberries add a flavorful flair to grilled pound cake. Topped with a scoop of vanilla, this ideal summer dessert is sure to delight.
1/3 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® All Natural 100% Juice
3 slices (1/8-inch-thick) fresh ginger, smashed
1/2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
16 ounces strawberries, sliced
3/4 cup blueberries
1 (10.75-ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed
Nonstick cooking spray
Vanilla ice cream for accompaniment
- Combine Juicy Juice, ginger and sugar in glass 2-cup measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 2 minutes or until bubbly. Allow ginger to steep for 10 minutes. Remove ginger and refrigerate syrup for 1 hour or until ready to use.
- Combine strawberries and blueberries in medium bowl; drizzle with apple-ginger syrup. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use (can be made up to one day ahead).
- Cut pound cake in half; then cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices lengthwise making 8 slices total. (Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes, such as stars, for special occasions like the Fourth of July.)
- Spray grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat pan over medium heat.
- Grill pound cake for about 2 minutes per side until golden.
- To Serve: Place one slice of grilled pound cake in each of 8 bowls. Top with a scoop of ice cream and a scoop of berries and syrup.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 270 Calories from Fat: 100 Total Fat: 12 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Cholesterol: 85 mg Sodium: 160 mg Carbohydrates: 37 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 25 g Protein: 5 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.