Two kinds of quick bread mixes are the base for this tasty fruitcake.
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup rum (or water or fruit juice, if desired)
1 cup green candied cherries
1 (16.6-ounce) package date quick bread mix
1 (15.4-ounce) package nut quick bread mix
1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
1 1/2 cups golden raisins
1 cup red candied cherries
1 cup mixed candied fruit
- Grease and flour bottom and sides of 12-cup Bundt® or tube pan.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, water and rum; beat. Add remaining ingredients and stir by hand until well mixed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 65 to 75 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- To store, wrap tightly in foil or plastic and refrigerate.
Makes 24 servings.