Holiday Secret Cake
Slice into this cake to reveal its secret -- a chocolate center.
1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
1 (3.75-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine white cake mix, instant vanilla pudding mix, eggs, oil, and water in a mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour half the batter into a greased and floured fluted cake pan.
- Stir chocolate syrup into the remaining batter. Pour over the white cake batter.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12 servings.