Honey Bun Cake
A cake that tastes like a honey bun—now how sweet is that?!!
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and sour cream. Mix by hand until most large lumps are gone.
- Pour half of batter into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top of the batter in baking pan. Spoon the other half of the batter into the cake pan, covering the brown sugar and cinnamon. Swirl top of cake with a knife until it looks like a honey bun.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Icing: Combine in a small bowl the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Spread over the warm cake.
Makes 12 servings.