Honey Tea Cakes
A moist and delicious mini cakes flavored with honey and orange pekoe tea.
2/3 cup honey
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 bags orange herbal tea or orange pekoe tea
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F ( 175°C).
- In medium bowl, combine honey, oil, milk and egg; whisk until well blended; set aside.
- In separate small bowl, combine flour, contents of tea bags, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to honey mixture, stirring until blended.
- Spoon batter into 36 paper-lined or greased mini-muffin cups, filling each 1/2 full.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to wire rack. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 36 mini cakes.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Honey Board.