Ice Box Strawberry Cake
A cool and refreshing, layered strawberry ice box pudding dessert that is sure to get rave reviews and recipe requests.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
1 (8-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping
2 pints strawberries, sliced
2 1/2 cups milk
1 (3.5-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Mix in melted butter. Press firmly into a 13x9x2-inch pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Beat softened cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons milk with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Fold in half the whipped topping and spread over the crust.
- Hull and slice the strawberries. Arrange part strawberries in an even layer, reserving approximately 1/2 cup for garnish.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups cold milk in a bowl and mix in pudding mix. Mix until thoroughly combined. Pour over the berries and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, spread the remaining non-dairy whipped topping on top and garnish with the reserved halved strawberries.
Makes 12 servings.