Incredible Banana Split Cake
Perfect for a festive occasion—or to make an occasion festive! This moist tender cake combines bananas, pineapple pieces, strawberries and semi-sweet chocolate morsels together to make a simple but elegant cake.
Michelle A. Sheppard of Nashua, NH developed this recipe.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 (15.25-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cups (7.5 ounces) granulated sugar
2/3 cup mashed banana
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted - divided use
1 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
1 cup chopped banana
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Grease and lightly flour a 12-cup Bundt® pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Drain pineapple tidbits, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine reserved pineapple juice and buttermilk in small bowl.
- Beat butter in large mixer bowl on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium speed until well combined. Add eggs, mashed banana and vanilla extract; beat well. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Stir in morsels and 1/4 cup of the walnuts. Gently fold in drained pineapple tidbits, strawberries and banana. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Drizzle cake with Chocolate Glaze and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- For Chocolate Glaze: Heat 3/4 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons light corn syrup in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Use immediately.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.