Kahlúa Bundt® Cake
This terrific recipe for Kahlúa Bundt® Cake submitted by Crystal D. L. Chambers of Salt Lake City, Utah.
2 (18.25-ounce) packages yellow cake mix with double pudding
3/4 cup Kahlúa
1/4 cup Creme de Cacao
1 cup evaporated milk
6 large eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
Sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Generously spray Bundt® pan(s) with cooking spray
- Mix all ingredients on high for 3 to 4 minutes in a standing mixer, 5 to 6 minutes if hand held; until the mixture is extremely creamy and smooth and lightens in color.
- Pour into pan(s) and bake until sides of cake are pulling away from the pan, about 39 to 43 minutes. The crust will seem dark, but that is normal. Take out and cool before inverting on to a plate. Dust with powdered sugar or glaze with the following; it makes a moister-pudding like texture when glazed.
- With a wooden pick, poke holes all over the inverted cake then drizzle the following over the cake: 3/4 cup powdered sugar mixed with enough Kahlúa and water (even parts) to make a thin glaze..
- Serve by itself or with a dollop of whipped cream.
Makes 2 smaller or 1 large Bundt® cake (Serves 10 to 16, depending on pan sizes).
Liquor Combination Substitutions:
- 3/4 cup rum plus 1/4 cup orange Frangelico.
- 3/4 cup Irish Creme with either 1/4 cup Creme de Cacao or Creme de Menthe.