Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Delightful cupcakes bursting with tropical
flavors like key lime, coconut and macadamia nuts and topped
with fluffy shredded coconut and cream cheese frosting.
Key Lime Macadamia
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon zest and 1/4 cup juice from Key limes, may substitute
3/4 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup clover honey*
2 large eggs
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons clover honey*
4 to 5 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- For Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking
powder and salt; set aside.
- In a liquid measure, combine Key lime
zest and juice, and coconut milk; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy;
scraping sides of bowl, as necessary. Add honey; mix well. Add
eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
Add half of the reserved dry ingredients to the butter mixture;
mix on low until just combined. With mixer running on low, slowly
add the lime mixture. Add remaining dry ingredients until just
combined. Stir in coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until a wooden
pick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove to
wire rack; cool.
- Frost with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting,
- For Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting: In
a mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until light
and fluffy. Add lime juice and honey; mix well. Add powdered
sugar, 1 cup at a time, until desired spreading consistency.
Frost cupcakes and top with coconut.
Makes 12 to 16 cupcakes.
*Any mild-flavored honey such as clover
may be used
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.