Lemon Pound Cake
Recipe courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Coat bottom and sides of 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Dust bottom and sides of pan with flour; tap out excess.
- Combine flour, lemon peel, baking soda and salt into medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, sour cream and lemon juice. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, 1/2 cups at a time, just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until cakes begin to pull away from sides of pan and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes Loosen cake from sides of pans with thin knife. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Incredible Edible Egg™.