Loaf Pound Cake
Rich and buttery pound cake with a kiss of lemon.
3/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease the bottom of a 9 x 5 x 2 3/4-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, grated lemon peel, and sugar for 1 minute. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the creamed mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan.
Makes 1 loaf cake; 9 servings.