Marbled Chocolate Sour Cream Cake
This delectable cake needs no frosting and almost no adornment—the cake itself is the decoration with its colorful yellow and brown marbling effect.
1 (6-ounce) package or 1 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 10-cup Bundt® or tube pan.
- Microwave morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil, water and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed until moistened. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir 2 cups batter into melted chocolate. Alternately spoon batters into prepared pan, beginning and ending with yellow batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.