Mincemeat Pound Cake
Old-fashioned flavor, serve this moist and delicious mincemeat pound cake with a simple dusting of powdered sugar.
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup commercially prepared mincemeat
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in buttermilk and mincemeat.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold into the mincemeat mixture and blend until smooth.
- Spoon into an 8-inch greased and floured pan and bake about 45 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Makes 9 servings.